Re: AT91 EMAC Ethernet driver RX mangles packet data ??

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:17:24AM +0200, J?rgen Lambrecht wrote:
Hello,

my current driver works fairly will. If I do UDP or TCP separate it works perfectly (only in release mode, else RX BNA and OVR errors): up to 28 Mbps for UDP with my echo program. I use bursts up to 64 kB - my RX uses 512 128B buffers.

But If I mix UDP with TCP (send both echo requests out in a burst), if fails very fast - even without big bursts: I send UDP 1 kB and TCP 1 kB packet echo request in a burst.
-> This crashes the EMAC Ethernet driver! All networking does not work anymore, not a ping, not the httpd server..
But my application still runs (It still toggles the watchdog LED), so only the networking part has crashed.

I know you have made a lot of changes to the code. This makes it hard for us to help solve problems like this.

Maybe it is time to start cleaning up the code so that it can be
included into CVS?
ok, I'll work on it in the weekend

         Thanks
                Andrew