RE: Changing PLL register was: Configuration for at91sam7se-ek

I've found the cause of all the strange problems I've had
that I asked you guys for help with, and I want to share,
mostly for newbies (like myself) to find in the archives.
This includes all my issues in the "Changing flash wait state
on SAM7" thread.

The cause of all of it was that there was no PLL filter. They
tell me that the code shouldn't have been able to run at all
without it, but it did, and caused exactly the kinds of
problems an erratic clock might cause. Thanks again to
everyone who tried to help.

Below is what I accepted as a solution at the time (it was working).

Of Davies,
> Greg
> Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:52 PM
> To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
> Subject: [ECOS] Changing PLL register was: Configuration for
> at91sam7se-ek
>
> So my problem was only partly to do with ecos, and had little to
> nothing to do with the configuration. The problem was that the PLL
> settings in the init section of my BDI2000 were different than the
> ones I had set in eCos. That's where I got
> 72 and 14 in the first place, from the default BDI
configuration file.
> I have everything (BDI init section and
> ecos) set to the default ecos template values of 24 for the divider
> and 125 for the multiplier.
>
> Something odd is happening in the Clock generator PLL
register though.
> I do a "reset halt" on the BDI, then check the membory af the PLL
> register (0xFFFFFC2C). It shows the values that were set by the BDI
> from the init section when I did the "reset halt" (divider:24,
> multiplier:125). When I give it a "go" (like continue in
gdb) and the
> a subsequent "halt" (like a break in gdb) and check the register
> again, it's changed to values similar to what I used to have there
> (divider:14, multiplier:71). I'm not sure where it's getting these
> numbers, since I've reconfigured, recompiled and reprogrammed the
> board with the new values for the pll register in ecos.
>
> If no one has an answer for this, I don't mind, everything
is working
> fine (better than before). It just seems odd.

work in the
> first place.
>
> When I force a break with the debugger the program is invariably on
> one of the first three lines of wait_pmc_sr_2 in
> cyg/hal/hal_platform_setup.h. I thought what got it working
before was
> setting the pll multiplier to 72 and the divider to 14,
values that I