RE: Different flash

All,
Just as an update and FYI on adding alternate flash devices.
I tried adding a second, alternate, flash driver to my project and the
system was not happy when it booted.
A complaint about the device addresses being the same from what I recall.
What I did to resolve it was to change from using
cyg_am29xxxxx_init_check_devid_XX to cyg_am29xxxxx_init_cfi_XX
and then just defining the one flash. That's fine with either flash present
provided the chip supports CFI.
One point that was not clear at first in the documentation was about the
number of entries in the blocks within CYG_FLASH_DRIVER
which I now believe is the number of rows in block_info.

Also the Atmel chips and the ST (Numonyx) chips look almost compatible and
that's exactly what they are - ALMOST compatible.

Hope this helps someone else.				...Laurie:{)