Re: jffs2 filesystem with redboot

Hi Gary,

>> After redboot boots thriugh nor, i think we can change the boot to
>> nand and restart/boot through nand. rit?
>> Could u please forward me the archives where these were discussed? I
>> tried searching but cud'nt find any.
>
> As I said, the port you have knows nothing about NAND FLASH - you'll
> have to add that support (not just "flick a switch")
>
> The discussions were about NAND+JFFS2 in general - AFAIK, there's never
> been any discussion on this list about the mx27 DragonBall boards, on
> any topic.

>>> Please keep replies on the eCos list so that all may benefit.
>>>
>>> AFAIK, that port only supports the NOR FLASH on the board.  If you want
>>> to add NAND, you'll need to write the drivers, etc, yourself.  There
>>> has been much discussion on this topic of late; check the archives.

I am interested in going ahead with writing the drivers for the NAND
flash for redboot. From where do I start and how do I go about it?
Please give me more information on this.

My aim is to boot through the NAND flash in the iMX27 ADS board and
port the jffs2 filesystem in the redboot.

Thanks in advance.

TJ