Re: eCos on STR9 ?

Rob Duncan wrote:
I did a port of eCos to the STR912FW a year or so ago.  It took me
about two weeks to get a basic system working.  It was my first port,
and I cut a few corners along the way, but it ended up working well.
I didn't have a JTAG debugger so I was reduced to bringing up the
startup code and serial console by using a combination of LEDs, coffee
and late nights.  I'm no longer involved with the company so I don't
know the current status of the port, but I don't believe the source is
available.

Thanks for giving notice.

I do have a working JTAG adapter (with openocd). So it *might* be simpler, although I don't know yet all the details of the memory layout (nor how to define it for the compilation of the program), and of course I don't know how the eCos startup sequence works etc.

I'm currently trying to get FreeRTOS running (which isn't exactly as easy as advertised either if you don't have Windows and the IAR tools since the Demo is assuming those), I'll take whichever route gives me light at the end of the tunnel first. It seems I have to delve into the thumb vs. 32bit code transition/linking business and linking etc stuff anyway by myself.

Christian.