Re: Linux Synthetic target problems

Tyler Wilson writes:
> Thank you for the additional tips. Though to be honest I do not (yet)
> see the utility of the IO auxiliary. What we could really use is a way
> to input data to the application, which I do not believe is currently
> possible. Is this true?

Start to read here
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-synth-arch.html

Then... using serial device for synthetic you can interact with
synthetic applications:
http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2007-10/msg00139.html

You are on linux! Try socat to redirect serial I/O and use telnet then.
http://www.dest-unreach.org/socat/

Then you can setup tun/tap interfaces, for example, and interact using
ethernet like interfaces.

And grep ecos-discuss list. Someone posted about running synthetic
applications using vmware and qemu.

Sergei