Is eCos running any background process?

Hi, I am using eCos on a AT91RM9200 processor developing a RFID application.
Currently I have created a single thread application of priority to run my program.
However the application encounter some problems when I execute my function.

The function is to capture all the 2238 data response and put it into raw_data.
The data readDOUT is read when readDSYNC is of value 0.
This is done using the do while loop. So the function will poll for the readDSYNC for value 0.
Once value 0 detected, the function will capture the readDOUT value and put it into raw_data.
However, my application got problems capturing all the 2238 data. Out of these 2238 data, 4 of these data are missing.
After analysing the problem, we think that is it because of the loop of 2238 is too big?
Or is it because the eCos is switched to do some background process that causes the missing 4 data not captured.
Is there any way to set the main thread to be the highest priority?
If that is the problem, is it possible to stop eCos from executing the background process whenever I execute this function?

Cheers