RE: Starting new eCos project

> Actually, it is a problem with a given tool chain version. We have
> looked at the generated code and it is wrong for the C code.

OK, so it's just a bug in a given version then.  As mentioned, this is
basically what happened to me with 3.4.4 (this plus an ICE), and the reason
we moved to the CodeSourcery tool chain in the first place.

> Having no access to it, it cannot say....

I'll start rolling a patch set.  The patches don't break anything to do with
the older arm-elf model at all, and the code builds fine either way, so I
don't really see a downside to it.

> Humm, interesting comment about 3.0. What are you basing this on? I've
> not heard that eCosCentric are contributing their code. I've not seen
> a contribution from anybody else either.

As I noted on the list a while back, I gave the port to eCosCentric before
posting it.  I think they were considering including it as part of the 3.0
release, although obviously they would have to confirm that.  Either way, if
they don't want to include it, it can always be patched in.

--Chris