Re: Current state of SMP in eCos

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 08:13:44PM -0800, David Brennan wrote:
> I was wondering about the current state of SMP in eCos. Specifically,
> has any progress been made on running it on a dual core Intel chip
> yet? Or failing that, can it run on a SMP linux synthetic target?
>
> If either of those have not been done, I might consider tackling one
> or the other, if someone would give me some guidance as to what the
> process would be.

An SMP synth would be interesting. It does not need a SMP host
underneath, just multiple threads. However such a system would be a
good test and development platform for SMP development.

I think part of the problem with SMP is that so few people actually
have SMP hardware. The other problem is its a very specialized area. I
guess there are very few applications which need SMP and RTOS which
cannot use Linux.

       Andrew