ADC - No init

First of all Happy New Year to all of you.

I have been doing some work with the ADC driver of the LPC2xxx family.

I might have misunderstood the concept of the DEVTAB, but since it requires
the entry point of the init() function in the device driver code, I assumed it will be called.

I have traced with the debugger, but the init() of the device driver does not seem to
be called between cyg_io_lookup() and cyg_io_read() calls from the user code.

Of course the lookup() functions in the device driver could also be used to do the
initialization, but I would like to know if this is the way to do it, or I should look for
some trouble elsewhere. Also since the init() function pointed to by DEVTAB is
responsible for calling the generic device inti function cyg_adc_device_init()
I assumed it would be called.

Please let me know where my thoughts err.

Regards,

Peter