Re: Some thoughts on ADC

Andrew Lunn wrote:
Also, what do you think of a synth ADC driver? It would probably only provide constant or random data on it's channels, but may be useful for testing. Any ideas?

Saw tooth or sine waves should not be too hard.

If you want to go a little further, with a bit of work it would be
possible to open a file on the host system and read samples from
there.

Reading samples from a file on the host may be a nice idea. I was also thinking about interfacing the driver with a synth TCL script so it may be extended easily. But I don't really like writing TCL scripts ... already did some synth drivers for leds/key switches etc. and almost pulled my hair out :)

Other ideas?