Disable stdout during runtime

Hi,

is it possible to disable stdout during runtime ?

My output (printf) is displayed through UART0. On some systems however I need to use UART0 for a communication link. What I'm currently seeing is my communication data interspersed with diagnostic outputs.

Trying diag_init_putc() didn't help since this seems to only reroute diag_printf().
I also tried to understand the virtual vector Interface, but since I only have one Comm Channel there I can't see how to use this to disable printf.

I'd appreciate any pointers.
TIA
  Stamatis