Mounting a FAT filesystem

I have an i386 platform with two IDE disks and until now I have had no
success in trying to mount a FAT filesystem in my development.. What I
have tried is the following:

mount ("/dev/hda/" , "/", "fatfs:sync=write");

In spite of the fact that on my project file (.ecc) the names of the
disk devices are /dev/hda, /dev/hdb, etc..., mount returns -1 and
errno 19 ("no such device").

Moreover, if I try to lookup the driver by...

cyg_io_lookup("/dev/hda/", &handle);

it returns -22 ("invalid argument"). Could anyone tell me what I'm missing ??

FYI, in order to have support for FAT filesystem and for generic IDE,
I added the following packages on my configuration file:

-----
cdl_savefile_version 1;
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_version {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_command {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_configuration { description hardware template
package };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_package { value_source user_value
wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_component { value_source user_value
wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_option { value_source user_value wizard_value
inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_interface { value_source user_value
wizard_value inferred_value };

cdl_configuration eCos {

   package CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO current ;
   package CYGPKG_IO current ;