Another problem getting going with 3.0

I've installed 3.0 under Cygwin using ecos-install.tcl, and selected the
arm-eabi toolchain. If I run arm-eabi-gcc, it doesn't do anything. If I run
it with the -v option, it tells me that it's spawning cc1plus in the
appropriate directory. If I manually run cc1plus, it does nothing, and won't
even respond to --help or an invalid option. The timestamp on cc1plus.exe is
2008/12/15 04:25:19, and the size is 7,480,320. Can anyone suggest a
possible cause?

And if not, is there a way to re-download the Cygwin arm-eabi toolchain and
run its installation without re-running ecos-install.tcl and re-installing
all of eCos 3.0?

By the way, I've also updated Cygwin to the present. I've been able to use
it to compile 2.0 applications in the past, with the the arm-elf 3.3
toolchain, and indeed if I run the old cc1plus.exe, it responds normally.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco