Re: what diffrent between the ixdp425 and ixp425 in the ecos source tree Hal sub

Hi Rick

Rick wrote:

>     Who can tell me ,what diffrent between the ixpdp425 and ixp425 in
> the ecos  source tree in hal subdir ? and what shall i choose to use if
> i have Intel
> IXP425BD board ?

hal/arm/xscale/ixdp425 contains the platform HAL package for the IXDP425
board. hal/arm/xscale/ixp425 contains the processor HAL package for the
IXP425 processor. Both the processor HAL package and the platform HAL
package are required to configure eCos for the Intel IXDP425 board.

Take a look at ecos.db in the "packages" directory. You will find target
records which describe the set of HAL packages which are required for
specific target boards. If your board is not listed, you will have to
write your own platform HAL package and create a new target record which
refers to it.

I hope that helps

John Dallaway