Re: Error trying to exec 'cc1plus'

Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> [bin/arm-eabi-gcc vs. arm-eabi/bin/gcc]
So my question is: why are we given versions of the commands under short
names, if they don't work? Is there some reason the commands with the short
names aren't just put into the same directory as the versions with the full
names?

You should always invoke a cross-compiler via its full name. The toolchain provides the short-named versions for its own internal use.

As a general rule you should only add the directory containing the full-named tools to your PATH - and this is what ecosenv.sh does - because on a typical machine the short-named tools would conflict with the host-native compiler and other tools in /usr/bin.

Ross

--
eCosCentric Ltd, Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU, UK
Registered in England no. 4422071.                 www.ecoscentric.com