RE: arm-eabi-gdb

Chris Zimman wrote:

>> Hi
>> I have just installed Cygwin and ecos.
>> I have built the test cases for my ecos configuration.
>> When I try to invoke the arm-eabi-gdb command from a Cygwin command
>> window I
>> get retruned to the command prompt immediately.
>>
>> Does anyone know why this happens
>
> Graham,
>
> There are virtually unlimited reasons that things can be not working.
> There's no information in your post that would in any way enable anyone to
> help you any further.
>
> I suggest that:
>
> (1)  Please stop top posting -- if you don't understand what that is, it's
> when you reply to a message and put your reply above original message.
> While
> I don't personally care either way, top posting is not looked upon well on
> this list.
>
> (2)  Make sure your Cygwin (or whatever you're using) environment is
> working
> OK first before you worry about getting GDB to talk to Redboot.  If you
> are
> having general Cygwin troubles, there are Cygwin specific mailing lists
> that
> assist with such things.  There is also commercial support (Gary and/or
> eCosCentric), which I have been pointing a lot of people to as of late,
> since
> some of the questions that have been coming up are more suited to that
> level
> of support.
>
> (3)  Don't repost the same question if you don't get an answer
> immediately.
>
> Thanks
>
> --Chris
>
> --

Chris

I started a new thread as this is a different (although related) topic.
I have read the eCos documentation and followed the instructions for
downloading Cygwin and then installing Ecos.
I can run the Ecos configuration tool and build.
Cygwin appears to be installed correctly.
But when I type
arm-eabi-gdb -help
nothing happens and I get returned to the command prompt.
my path is set correctly and arm-eabi-gdb exists
I am getting very frustrated at this point and would be grateful of any
information anyone can supply in this regard

Thanks

Graham