Re: Redboot networking problem

Hi Ilko

RONETIX - Ilko Iliev wrote:

> I have a problem when I perform two http loads one after other (in
> Redboot) - the second load put the RedBoot in an endless loop.
>
> If there is a small delay between the both loads, then sometimes it works.
> If the the first load is a http and the second load a tftp, then the
> problem doesn't exist.
>
> The endless loop is in tcp.c, __tcp_handler():
>    for (prev = NULL, s = tcp_list; s; prev = s, s = s->next) {
>        if (s->our_port == ntohs(tcp->dest_port)) {
>        if (s->his_port == 0)
>
> It loops forever because *s == s->next* and *s->our_port* and
> *ntohs(tcp->dest_port)* differs with one.
>
> Can somebody try this situation?

Thank you for the report. This does sound like a bug. Are you using
recent sources (such as eCos 3.0)? If not, could you verify that this
issue exists with recent sources please? What type of file are you
ethernet part are you using?

The best way to raise formal bug reports is via our Bugzilla system:

  http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org

This helps to keep all information in one place and to ensure prompt
investigation.

John Dallaway