Re: arm-eabi-gdb

grahamlab wrote:

> Chris Zimman wrote:
>> [-- snip --]
>>
>> Quoting reams of previous message is also not required, just enough to
>> sort
>> of continue the conversation.
>>
>>> I did not have mincom running.
>>> I type arm-eabi-gdb -nw
>>> DevBoard_install/tests/kernel/v3_0/tests/bin_sem0
>>> at the gdb prompt
>>> set remotebaud 38400
>>> target remote /dev/ttyS0
>>>
>>> After this according to the ecos documentation I should see some
>>> information
>>> about the current loaction and language.
>>>
>>> What I get is
>>> Remote Debugging using /dev/ttyS0
>>> 0x08003b3a in ?? ()
>>>
>>> I dont get any extra information.
>> It looks as though GDB has attached and you are sitting at the current PC.
>>
>>> Is this a problem?
>> No, not necessarily.  You may well be sitting in Redboot also, which GDB
>> knows nothing about in terms of symbols (since you haven't told it about
>> them
>> yet).
>>
>> I don't mean this in any kind of an insulting way, but do you know how to
>> use
>> GDB for something like this (eg. are you familiar with add-symbol-file)?
>> Did you build the tests with debugging enabled (eg. -g)?
>>
>> Again, because there isn't really a ton of info here, I can't just look at
>> it
>> and say "Ah ha!  The problem is [whatever]"
>>
>> --Chris
>>
>> --
>> Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
>>

> Chris
> I am not entirely familiar with gdb in these circumstances.
> I have simply followed the examples give in the eCos documentation and am
> trying to understand why things are not working.
> This is why there is not a lot of information.
> All tests were built using -g
> Cannot download a file using mincom it will just sit there

Get this to work first - it tells us that your VirtualBox can't
talk to the board under all circumstances.

Here's how to test it:

  VirtualBox:
    * run minicom to the board
    * get a RedBoot prompt
        RedBoot> lo -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} -m xm
    * at this point, you should see
        CCCC
    * tell minicom to send the file
        ^A-S

Follow these steps _exactly_ and tell us what happens in each.  Don't
leave anything out - we're not mind readers...