DHCP fails after bringing it up and down twice

Hi

Based on either external commands or ethernet down->up events I'm
switching between fixed/dhcp  or any combination of the 2.

At the moment I'm trying DHCP to DHCP. It might be overkill but when I
get an external command to use DHCP or my ethernet link goes up again I

shutdown/close all my sockets,

dhcp_release,

dhcp_halt

do_dhcp

bring up the sockets again

This works at start-up, and one time after, butt he third time none of
the dhcp discover message is getting out on the ethernet. So due to
enabling of dhcp chatter I see that is trying to send discovery messages
but nothing happens 'on the line'.

Does anybody have a hint what this might be. When I print the routing
tabloes juist before the do_dhcp they are empty. I cannot see any
difference between just before the second do_dhcp(which succeeds) and
the third(which fails).

Cheers

Alex Lindeijer