Re: Debugger fails when I add kernel support

On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:05:29 +0200, Sergei Gavrikov <sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com> wrote:

<cut>
I'm sure that is not "arm_gnu" related, something is wrong witch eCos
configuration. Forget about own application. You have to make work two
famous eCos examples for your target: these are `twotreads' and `serial'
(see $ECOS_REPOSITORY/../examples). Twothreads is exactly that what you
need. First, it's hardy help using a `configtool' way. I'm sorry. BUT, I
will try. What's your target's name exactly?  (It seems I missed the
name). As I could understand you use ROM startup and the target has at
the least two serial ports.

$ ecosconfig new <target> default

At least, you have to set the below options to get non-blocking serial
I/O.

cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES {
    user_value 1
};

cdl_option CYGOPT_IO_SERIAL_SUPPORT_NONBLOCKING {
    user_value 1
};

Put the above in serial.ecm and import this file then.

$ ecosconfig import serial.ecm

About printf() channel...

$ less -p 'DEFAULT_CONSOLE \{' ecos.ecc

cdl_option CYGDAT_LIBC_STDIO_DEFAULT_CONSOLE sets a device name which
will be used for printf(). Set it properly (edit ecos.ecc).

$ ecosconfig resolve && ecosconfig tree && make -s

cp -a $ECOS_REPOSITORY/../examples .

make -C examples INSTALL_DIR=`pwd`/install twothreads
make -C examples INSTALL_DIR=`pwd`/install serial

There will be your test stuff under examples directory. Make twothreads
works with JTAG.

Note: I do not know about your target, if your default startup RAM, it's
possible you have to import and the below before to build eCos examples

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value ROM
};

Robert, only if you will manage `twothreads' then you will manage own
application.

Sergei

Thanks a lot for your patience. I am really in a mess. The longer I play around with configtool the worse it gets. And the frustrating thing is that all my application worked using ecos.2 with gnu-elf toolchain. And then I decided I had to use something newer. Since then I am hangling from one problem to the next - and do not know why.....

Anyway, I will give it a try with the twothreads and serial and follow the path you outlined above. The (not so) funny thing is: These two examples I actually used as my "primer" with ecos.2 - and they worked. Hence back to field 1 :-(
Robert