Pruning ARP table

Hello,

We are using FreeBSD stack (ecos).
>From application we need to prune the ARP table (i.e, we need to traverse and delete ARP entries).

I understand that we can use sysctl() calls to search and do desired action on ARP table.
For example I tried looking at FreeBSD arp(1) command implementation.
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/usr.sbin/arp/arp.c?rev=1.70;content-type=text%2Fplain )
sysctl() package is currently not selected in our tree (CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_SYSCTL).
So, to use sysctl() I need to include this package and re-build my source tree.

I was searching for alternatives and observed that ioctl() calls can be used for ARP add() and delete() operation. But, could not get traverse ()/search () functionality.

Can you please let me know
 How we can traverse ARP table using ioctl() calls?
 Suggest best way to achieve ARP Prune functionality?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Venkat