Re: POSIX File IO / time.h not found

Please, do not top post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 01:41:08PM +0200, Szentirmai Gergely wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks for your answer, what led me to the solution. I tried ARM7S eval
> board template, which built successfully. Than I added posix file IO,
> resolved conflicts, built successfully. Than I added FAT file system
> support, and resolved conflicts. Than there was the original build
> error. And the solution was to add POSIX compatibility layer package,
> which was NOT required by something, maybe FAT support. (posix file IO
> bulit without POSIX compatibility layer)
>
> About the arm-elf compiler:
> Several weeks ago, I tried to get gdb alive, I used ecos 2.0 and
> arm-elf-gcc, open-ocd, windows, cygwin configuration. I was unable to
> get the arm-elf-gdb, shipped with ecos, working. Then I tried yagarto

Ups. eCos 2.0 is terribly old.

> tools toolchain, which worked with a standalone project (gdb was also
> working), but I was unable to build ecos with yagarto, because it uses
> windows style path, and configtool uses unix style. (building with
> arm-elf-gcc of ecos, and using gdb of yagarto was not success) Than I
> tried arm-eabi-gcc. Ecos compiled, but the application built with it,
> did not work. (It had some wicked behaviour).

eCos 3.0 was carefully tested on Linux and cygwin. I'm sorry, I don't
use cygwin, but a lot of eCosers use it. I agree with that what cygwin
does add new (not eCos related) problems for developers.

> So I "downgraded" back to arm-elf. The gdb still not working, but at
> least the application does. :)
>
> This is my short story of cross-compilers, any suggestions are wellcome!

Then use Linux. Just now I'm writing a success story for my vis-a-vis
friend about: eCos 3.0 + OpenOCD (today's SVN trunk) + a cheap parallel
JTAG wiggler from Olimex + arm-eabi-gdb + printf. But, I use Linux.

Sergei