RE: Fw: Re: BSP for Cirrus Logic edb93xx boards

On Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:50 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> As I know, guys from cirrus logic have not only working redboot,
>>> but also ecos by itself, source code avaible for buyers of their
>>> development boards.
>>>

>>> Too bad they can't be convinced to contribute that work back...
>>>

>> We would if it was something as simple as a git push.
>
> Sadly, we're still on CVS...
>
> The much harder problems would be:
>  * We need a copyright assignment to the FSF for any contributions
>    See http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html
>  * Your code base would have to be merged with the latest CVS
>
> I'd be happy to help with merging into CVS if the copyright issue
> can be taken care of.

I would also like to see the ep93xx support merged into CVS.

I've tried to keep my local copy of the port current with the latest
CVS and have updated various pieces of the Cirrus port.  If there
is anything I can do to help let me know.

Is it possible for Cirrus to just release all rights to the port then
have someone else pick it up and get a copyright assignment to the FSF?

Regards,
Hartley