Re: Confusing compilation problem

Sergei Gavrikov-4 wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 12:59:19AM -0700, grahamlab wrote:
>> Sergei Gavrikov-4 wrote:

>> -

>> > Graham, not only
>> >
>> >   /tmp$ diff configtool_Make.params cli_Make.params
>> >   5c5
>> >   < export PREFIX := /home/graham/ecos/DevBoard_install
>> >   ---
>> >   > export PREFIX := /home/graham/lab1/install
>> >   7c7
>> >   < export CC := $(COMMAND_PREFIX)gcc
>> >   ---
>> >   > export CC := $(COMMAND_PREFIX)g++
>> >

>> >   /tmp$ diff configtool_Makefile cli_Makefile
>> >

>> > Are you really going program in C++? Try rename your main.cpp in the
>> > main.c.
>> >
>> > BTW, the short plain text files you can just attach.
>> >
>> > Sergei.

>> tree

>> http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
>> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss
>> >
>> > --
>> > Before posting, please read the FAQ:
>> http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
>> >

>> Helo again Sergei
>>
>> Beleive me I have tried muliple permutations using both g++ and gcc
>
> I hope that your Make.params were not handy tweaked.
>
>> The cli vesrion compile with both g++ and gcc
>> The config tool version compiles with neither.
>>
>> It seems that you cannot switch between a cli build and a configtool
>> build
>> I am a little confused but will investigate further.
>> Do you use the cli exclusively or do you switch between the 2?
>
> I have used CLI only, but I have eCos configtool installed too. I will
> try to reproduce your issue.
>
> Sergei
>
> --

Hi Sergei
I have been looking at the stdio.h file in both install trees.
The files are exactly the same but in the CLI version things like
CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILETYPES are defined
but in the configtool version they are not - so the correct includes are not
generated.
Where do things like CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILETYPES get defined?

Graham