Re: Confusing compilation problem

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 01:18:57AM -0700, grahamlab wrote:

> grahamlab wrote:
> >

> > Sergei Gavrikov-4 wrote:

> >> I hope that your Make.params were not handy tweaked.

> >> I have used CLI only, but I have eCos configtool installed too. I will
> >> try to reproduce your issue.
> >>
> >> Sergei
> >>
> >> --
> >> Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
> >>

> > Hi Sergei
> > I have been looking at the stdio.h file in both install trees.
> > The files are exactly the same but in the CLI version things like
> > CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILETYPES are defined
> > but in the configtool version they are not - so the correct includes are
> > not generated.
> > Where do things like CYGINT_ISO_STDIO_FILETYPES get defined?
> >
> > Graham
> >
> It seems I need to include IO C libraries - all working now thanks

I cannot confirm your issue. Just now I tried GUI build and script
build_Make.params. All works as I could expect (see the below)

i. All was build using configtool-3.0. (stm3210e, default template).

$ ls
gui_build  gui.ecc  gui_install

ii. Generate Make.params, and test source

$ /opt/ecos/ecos-3.0/examples/build_Make.params

$ echo -e \
'#include <stdio.h>\nint main(void){printf("oops\\n");return 0;}' > a.cxx

$ ls
a.cxx  gui_build  gui.ecc  gui_install  Make.params

iii. Prepare Makefile

$ vi Makefile
..

$ ls
a.cxx  gui_build  gui.ecc  gui_install  Makefile  Make.params

iv. Try to build
$ make -s

v. What I got

$ ls
a.cxx  a.o  a.out  gui_build  gui.ecc  gui_install  Makefile  Make.params

Makefile is attached as a reference.

Sergei