Re: arm-eabi -> Interrupt vector not free

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:03:10PM +0200, Szentirmai Gergely wrote:
> Hello
>
> Previously I used arm-elf-gcc, but any time I try to get arm-eabi alive
> I get this this message imidiately after reset:
>
> <1>intr.cxx[506]void Cyg_Interrupt::attach() Interrupt vector not free.
> ASSERT FAIL: <1>intr.cxx            [ 506] void Cyg_Interrupt::attach()
>
>  Interrupt vector not free.

First, what is your target (platform) and which interrrupt number is?

> There is no message like this when I compile things with elf (two
> changes, command prefix= arm-elf-gcc, and Build for eabi = false (it is
> done automatically)). The ecos config, and sources are the same. There
> is only one main.c, which would send hello world to the diag port.
> (works perfectly with elf). Nothing to do with interrupts.

Can you set a breakpoint on cyg_assert_fail() and cyg_interrupt_attach()
to know a bit more about issue? What is that vector? UART, RTC? The
assertion's report will tell you about.

> This message was discussed here:
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-08/msg00099.html
>
> But my ecos source (latest from CVS) behaves like this.
>
> Any ideas? Maybe this magic build for eabi switch does something wrong?

It's not enough an information to get it.

Sergei