printf and diag_printf go to nowhere

Hi
When running the example serial.c that comes with ecos-3.0, I get no output on the serial i/f of my AT91SAMX512-based board. I am using a configuration where I have enabled hardware drivers for ser0 and ser1 and disabled ser2 (see attachment).

serial performs a lookup for /dev/haldiag - and fails. In fact, this string is not present in my configurations ecc-file. What I find there is: /dev/ttydiag. But when changing haldiag to ttydiag, the result is the same: No output on ser0 or ser1.

On the other hand, when changing to /dev/ser0 or /dev/ser1, I get this particular line on the ser0 or ser1 interface - as expected. But all other output generated by printf-statements still is "unvisible". Is this a bug or do I get something wrong?
Robert