Re: printf and diag_printf go to nowhere

Robert Brusa wrote:

This little serial example program. Compiled, linked downloaded with BDI all ok. But I can not start it with BDI/telnet go 0. Hell and death - just before I did just this!
Are you sure that execution is supposed to start at address 0x0 ? If it's a ROM application, try go 0x00100000 (I believe that's the starting point for your target).
Also, another thing that might confuse you is the configuration script for BDI. It will set up the target CPU to a state that is different than the one you get without the BDI. When I write applications that are supposed to start up the board (ROM startup type), I use a stripped down version of the config file, that will not touch the configuration registers in the CPU.
However, when disconnecting BDI and switching power on, the program launches and works correctly. Putting the JTAG connector back into its place, reseting the BDI via telnet, I can now start the program using go 0. But only once. etc. In short, it seemed to be unstable and I gave in switched everything off and went home.
This looks like the configuration script kicking in :)

Regards,
Edgar

--
Edgar Grimberg