Re: Nano using PDCurses for eCos

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> Steven Clugston wrote:

[ snip ]

> > As I mentioned before, I thought I'd have a go at getting nano to work.
> >
> > I've tried version 2.0.7 from:
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/nano

Hello

Yesterday evening I did grab the latest stable nano sources (2.0.9) from
here http://www.nano-editor.org, and tried to build it. After configure
and some tweaks I got The GNU nano editor for the eCos i386linux target
just in 110K using those PDCurses package and dummy driver.

> If you just want to edit config files, it's better to implement own
> editor, call it `femto' then :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_prefix
> It seems for me that nano is enough bloat stuff for eCos targets.
I should not have told about until a try. Steven, I have to finalize and
test the build (at the least using eCos FS_RAM), I have to add the real
terminal driver to PDCurses. I do hope this will occur the next weekend
and then I will share a full story somewere on the web (some guys are
nervious if they cannot read here only a digest about eCos kernel gears
and cpu parts :-) There are a few hints the below

I configured the nano as: --enable-tiny --disable-nls --disable-utf8; I
have a bit tweaked config.h to point on that which things are absent in
eCos, made a peace with Linux/GNU (pwd, mkstemp, signals, getopt) and I
got the executable. There is alone rule in my eCos Makefile

    ACTUAL_CFLAGS := $(subst , -DHAVE_CONFIG_H=1,$(ACTUAL_CFLAGS))

Sergei