Re: "Plug-and-play" networking in eCos

On 2009-04-22, Tarmo Kuuse <tarmo.kuuse@mail.ee> wrote:
> Tarmo Kuuse wrote:
>> I wish to add basic "plug-and-play" networking to an eCos device. It
>> should be a fairly standard task in network-enabled embedded devices.
>> All users would like to hook their stuff to a network and access the UI
>> by typing "mydevice" into a browser.
>
> No replies. Apparently plug-and-play is not hip with eCos
> developers :)

No, I just have no idea what "plug-and-play networking" means
in this context.

To me, "plug-and-play" refers to a mostly-broken scheme to
auto-detect ISA cards in old-school PCs and configure their IO
addresses and IRQ usage automagically.  IIRC, it didn't work.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! But was he mature
                                  at               enough last night at the