Re: doesn't compile like it should

Jeffrey Krasky wrote:
> First attempt at compiling hello.c program:
>
> i386-elf-gcc: Command not found
>
> Obviously something isn't set right. Can someone tell me what?

I hope that you have installed the eCos i386-elf GNU toolchain, if you
have, be sure that environment variable PATH is set properly. There is
ecosenv.sh script in the eCos installation (usually it is placed under
/opt/ecos directory) which should be sourced. Enter a few commands at
a bash prompt:

Find the script

  find / -name ecosenv.sh

if it finds it, source it

  . <path_to_script>/ecosenv.sh ;# dot is an alias of 'source' command

then try

  $ i386-elf-gcc -v

If you will see that i386-elf-gcc is installed, then put that source
command in your own shell profile file (.bash_profile or .profile) to
set the eCos environment on a login.

I hope that helps.

Sergei