Re: Re: where's the printf output?

Jeffrey Krasky wrote:
> I have a Windows XP machine with an Intel processor and I am running
> cygwin.
>
> All I really want to do is make a hello world program and then try the
> timer/alarm program.
>
> I have been reading from here:
>
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/building-and-running-sample-applications.html
>

> If there is some place else I should be getting my examples from, please
> let me know.
>
> Again, all I really wish to do is make some C programs and test the
> real-timeness of eCos.

You can't run an acutal eCos application directly on Windows (it *is*
possible on Linux, running the synthetic target).  If this is all you
have, you'll need to run eCos on a virtual machine, e.g. VirtualBox or
Qemu.

eCos runs on the bare hardware, with the exception of the synthetic
target which runs as a cooperative process under Linux.