Re: where's the printf output?

There is talk about that you need either a real target (in an example
that's some abstract ARM evolution board) or the synthetic linux target
which can "emulate" the real one on the _linux_ hosts only.

I need to get the words clear. By "real target" you mean something like a board with some company's microprocessor on it, such as Atmel? (I mention Atmel since a previous post today talks about AT91SAM7X256.) And by "synthentic target" you mean that I would have a Linux machine set up to emulate a board, and then I could eventually take the code from the Linux to the board itself?

Is my understanding correct?

If so, maybe eCos is not for me? I want to run an app on a Windows XP machine and I want to get some sort of RT behavior. Maybe I've had a misunderstanding of what eCos is for.

Please comment if possible.

Thanks,

Jeff