raw output to serial port and dataflash + legacy API questions

Hello,

There are a couple questions about ecos, for which I can not find
suitable answers
in google and ecos documentation. May be anybody can help?

1)I have a board with two interfaces rs232 and let's call it "X",
I want to log data (which come from interface "X") on my PC .
And PC not support "X", so I took this board and ecos and write:

cyg_io_lookup("/dev/ttydiag", &hRS232);
cyg_io_read(hX, buf, &len);
cyg_io_write(hRS232, buf, &out_len);

my problem is bytes with values '\r' and '\n'.
Data that go via X interface is binary, but when I write
to RS232 ecos library looks like add symbols of new lines (replace
'\n' with \n\r or
something like this),
and I want to turn off this mode, but only when my application start working,
I mean in runtime, not in  configtool.

2)I have board with dataflash, it supported with package in directory
packages/devs/flash/atmel/dataflash, but on my board
as against eb55 there is only dataflash, there is no NOR flash.

I build redboot, but
arm-eabi-nm redboot.elf | grep dataflash is empty.
while
arm-eabi-nm libtarget.a | grep dataflash give all symbols
that I expect to see.

During my investigation I remove norflash from eb55 description
and receive the same result for eb55 redboot.

And at last I find out that if I add CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE_LEGACY to
packages/devs/flash/atmel/dataflash/current/cdl/devs_flash_atmel_dataflash.cdl
and add empty functions to implement legacy API the output of
arm-eabi-nm redboot.elf  become as expected.

Can anybody explain this?