Re: an easy question about Building a toolchain for use with eCos

wb ning <helloningwb@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
>     I read the manual on the website.  After preparing the sources for
> building, i came to the step "Build the toolchain", My question is if
> i want build the ARM architecture, Shall i install
> arm-elf-gcc.i386.rpm first so that i can use the target arm-elf, or i
> don't need to do that, after building, i will got the target arm-elf.

If you are intending to build the arm-elf toolchain it does not make
sense to download a pre-build version.

However, why are you building it at all? Why not use the pre-built
package? Also, we are now moving over to the arm-eabi toolchain for
V3.0 and all future work, so the arm-elf tools should not be used
unless absolutely necessary.

--
Nick Garnett                                       eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com       The eCos experts