Re: eCos contributions and development projects

> Especially what the eCos community needs is good eCos wiki.  It's pity
> that community has higly qualificated and talented developers (which
> usual are the very busy to be the "teachers"), but has not the freelance
> tech-writes, so, eCos wiki is just a dream for the most newcomers. The
> main goal of the eCos wiki would be Don't give them (newcomers) a fish,
> teach them how to fish.

When appropriate, i try to do that. However, it is not easy. We got a
lot of newbies to programming who try to use eCos. They don't have the
necessary background or experience and are going to struggle/fail. For
such people, giving them a fish means they are quiet for a while and
so you don't have to deal with them. Then there are the more
intelligent newcomers who do have some background, but not in
eCos. Such users i'm more likely to give them a bent pin, a long
stick, some string and point them towards the river.

Often the hard bit is figuring out from minimal information if they
have the capability to learn to fish.

       Andrew