Nios II contribution

Hi Øyvind

Øyvind Harboe wrote:

> They *definitely* deserved replies, so I expect that they caused some
> reaction, I just can't find it.
>
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2005-04/msg00000.html
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2005-04/msg00001.html

It would be great to see Nios II hardware support finally merged into
the eCos repository. Bart Veer raised some good points regarding the
original patches at:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2005-02/msg00035.html

I expect the remaining technical issues can be addressed without great
effort. However, I do need to get up to speed with the various scripts
that process the PTF files. Do you know whether the scripts have been
updated at all since the patches were submitted? Examples of the various
generated files (system.h, nios2_auto.cdl, ...) would be helpful.

Clearly, we would want to ensure that everything works with the latest
Altera design software.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer