hello world app SEG faults with Linux synth target

Hi All,

My hello world app crashes with seg fault when I try to run it. Here's the o/p:

mandeep@mindstorm:~/ecos/ecos-3.0/examples$ ./hello
Segmentation fault
mandeep@mindstorm:~/ecos/ecos-3.0/examples$ strace ./hello
execve("./hello", ["./hello"], [/* 41 vars */]) = 0
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
mandeep@mindstorm:~/ecos/ecos-3.0/examples$

Any clues how to fix this?

How does the hello world app make use of the ecosynth app?

On the doc page () it says:

"...I/O facilities are provided through an I/O auxiliary process, ecosynth, that
gets spawned by the eCos application during startup"

My ecosynth is installed at:
/usr/local/libexec/ecos/hal/synth/arch/v3_0/

I added this to my PATH env, but that didn't help at all.

Should this be statically linked to my app while compiling? If so, I'll have
to modify my Makefile. I used "build_Makefile" in my repos examples dir
to generate the Makefile (i later just altered the target names in the generic
Makefile).

Thanks,
-mandeep