Re: object loader for arm

Hi

Stanislav Karpenko wrote:
> Dear developers,
> my question related with a ecos object loader (OL). In documentation I
> have found
> (http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc.cgi/html/ecospro-ref/services-objloader-objloader.html)
> that
> "It is possible to create a module out of several object files by
> using the linker's ability to perform a partial link.
> The module.ld linker script is defined by the Object Loader package
> and is copied out to the install lib directory.
> It should be used when combining multiple files, or when advanced
> features such as HAL tables are used in a single object file."
>
> I have included OL package and built ECOS, but really no any module.ld
> linker script exists in install lib directory.
> Is it mistake in documentation, or presence of this script is optional
> and depend on (what?)?

The documentation you refer to is the eCosPro documentation which
describes eCosPro, the commercially supported and *enhanced* version of
eCos.  There are additional features and board support packages
available in eCosPro that are not present in the community version of
eCos which I assume you are referring to.  If you need any of these
features or packages, I suggest you give us a call.

HTH

-- Alex Schuilenburg

Managing Director/CEO                                eCosCentric Limited
Tel:  +44 1223 245571                     Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive
Fax:  +44 1223 248712                             Cambridge, CB5 8UU, UK
www.ecoscentric.com             Reg in England and Wales, Reg No 4422071