RE: Re: Flash support for ea2648 target

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:

[Add Youqiang Zou to CC]

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, viren.dobariya@aftek.com wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, viren.dobariya wrote:
Hi, sergei,
     I am still struggling with flash problem in EA-2468 board.
     In this mail, you mention that Youqiang Zou added
CYG_FLASH_DRIVER definition to flash_ea2468.c. Can you explain me
detail?
Should I add same definition for my board??

As I could understand, it is possible the same definition should be added to current platform specific driver. But, Youqiang also pointed that he use other flash parts, so, do not apply his lines as is. To know what the macro is (does), please, refer to eCos documentation:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-flash.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-flash-v2-dev.html

Sergei

Hi, Sergei,
Thanks for documentation.
Can you ask Youqiang Zou that how did he add CYG_FLASH_DRIVER defination?? If he gives us example then i will add according to my device.

Thanks, Viren

I was looking the cludges when I got his e-mail and I'd seen that he did CC to the list, but, may be he is not subscribed to the list, so, you have got no copy. Well, he wrote

Youqiang> Refered to the arm_aim711_flash.c, I?changed?the Youqiang> flash_ea2468.c as the below list.

        Youqiang> // The EA LPC2468 OEM board has one SST 39VF3201 part
        Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_INTERLEAVE (1)
        Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_SERIES     (1)
        Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_WIDTH      (16)
        Youqiang> #define CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE       (0x80000000)

[drop some implementation details]

        Youqiang> I had not the EA2468 board, my platform is:
        Youqiang> Platform: LPC2478 Board (ARM7TDMI-S)
        Youqiang> RAM: 0xa0000000-0xa2000000 [0xa000aac8-0xa1ffc000 available]
        Youqiang> FLASH: 0x81000000-0x811fffff, 512 x 0x1000 blocks

I assume that is the real RedBoot's output and that looks like that
CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE address was pointed on 0x81000000. Other chip select
pin? So, check that too. Also, CYGNUM_FLASH_WIDTH says about 16-bit.

They said here
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-flash-library.html Will Robinson!

Sergei --

My comments: as I can see there is fitted other flash parts on his board,
so, I do not think that you must change own definition, just define
CYG_FLASH_DRIVER properly acording the used FLASH's "geometry".

Sergei