Re: Bonjour on eCos platform

ganesh kr wrote:
Has anybody used "Bonjour" on eCos platform. If so please let me know
the code size it requires.

Partially. I implemented IPv4LL (automatic IP assignment) for FreeBSD stack, which is not a difficult task. RFC3927 is straight forward, algorithm is quite simple and there are good examples available.

The real problem was finding hooks to receive and transmit raw ARP packets, since the FreeBSD stack in eCos has no API for this. I used low-level ARP functions: arprequest() transmits and in_arpinput() calls my handler. This is not a very pretty solution, but it works. Both functions are in file packages/net/bsd_tcpip/current/src/sys/netinet/if_ether.c.

--
Kind regards,
Tarmo Kuuse