CVS import Question

I have a general CVS question pertaining to importing 3rd party modules on vendor branches. I've looked through the CVS manual, but it does not discuss my issue.

When I import an update to a 3rd party module onto it's vendor branch, what happens to files that are no longer in the updated file set? The CVS manual mentions that cvs import will report 'U' for existing files that have not been locally modified, 'N' for new files, and 'C' for existing files that have been locally modified. It fails to mention what CVS does for files that are no longer in the update file set. Are they removed to the atic? Do I have to manually make note of any such files and manually remove them myself?

Jay