how to disable diag_printf output on serial port

Hi all
We have an ROMRAM application that is started by the redboot start-up script. That uses diag_printf in the kernel (like in the TSEC/PHY eth drivers, even without DEBUG define etc). When compiled as RELEASE I don't want output on the serial port. I actually want to use it for something else.
I tried disabling the TTY and HAL/diag serial driver in the config tool but without luck. I set the  ISO C library/default console device to /dev/null. I also tried to set TTY-mode serial device driver to /dev/null without luck.Even disabling the TTY drivers all together. We are not using Redboot as a ROM monitor. Might Redboot be used for diag_print...?

Also when enabling the Hardware serial driver for /dev/ser1(same port as diag_printf uses now) my app crashes in cyg_io_read. We already use /dev/ser2 which works fine.

So any hint to where the conflict might be? Thanks in advance

Alex Lindeijer | 3D perception AS
Senior System Designer