Re: Re: stdint definitions

Tarmo Kuuse wrote:
On 04.08.2010 12:06, Manuel Borchers wrote:
install/include/sys/bsdtypes.h:37: error: redefinition of typedef âint16_tâ
install/include/stdint.h:109: error: previous declaration of âint16_tâ was here

I vaguely remember wrestling similar errors a while back. I don't remember the specifics, but these definitions do clash unless included within some higher level header. E.g. avoid #including bsdtypes.h; try network.h instead. Perhaps something similar applies to stdint.h.

Sorry for vague answer, perhaps someone wiser can elaborate.

I have also been wrestling with this issue. To make things worse, my gcc happens also to have a stdint.h.

I think the solution for this is to have a stdint.h in isoinfra/current/include/ that defines all appropriate types and limits. The definitions in bsdtypes.h should be replaced with #include <stdint.h> -- I think they have no place in a network package (or a device package or an io package or whatever). This is what I did in my eCos mirror repository, and I think eCos should provide a workable solution for the fixed-width integer types.

Concerning network.h: funny you mention that, because I was bitten by that too. I have another package that also has an include file network.h, also at its top level. It would be much better if eCos had its network.h as include/cyg/network.h or whatever, and not in the top-level include "name space". The same holds for that other package of course.

Rutger Hofman
VU Amsterdam
http://www.rfidguardian.org