Re: printf/gets/etc not working

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
> On 14.08.2010 16:00, Slide wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
>>
>>> Check if hardware serial ports (such as /dev/ser0) and TTY-mode devices
>>> (such as /dev/tty0) are included.
>>> In configtool:
>>> ? ?I/O sub-system -> Serial device drivers +-> Hardware serial device
>>> drivers
>>> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?+-> TTY-mode serial device
>>> drivers
>>> // Ilija
>>>

>> I do have TTY-mode devices enabled, but I thought that if I enabled
>> tty0 it would conflict with the ttydiag or the haldiag devices that
>> seem to be created.
>>
> In addition you can avoid usage of haldiag (ttydiag) device by setting
> "Console device name" to "/dev/tty0".
>> Thanks,

I did what you suggested, and enabled TTY port 0 and disabled the TTY
diagnostic device. I see the following printed out when the target
boots:

Init device '/dev/tty0'
Init tty channel: 0x8010f590
Init device '/dev/haldiag'

Which is good, no more ttydiag, but printf still doesn't work. Is
there anything I can do to test if tty0 is working? I set my default
console device name in the ISO C package and in the TTY area.

Thanks,

slide