RE: Re: tiny webserver - CGI, SSI directive, and identification

Hi,

Just a quick post, I have found that shttpd
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/shttpd/) is quite a nice web server for
embedded use, we use it with eCos. It wont work out of the box, but it did
not take much time to port.

The project has now changed its name to mongoose
(http://code.google.com/p/mongoose/).

We use it because it supports digest auth and SSL.

Features¶

    * Crossplatform - works on Windows, MacOS and most flavors of UNIX
    * CGI, SSL, SSI, Digest (MD5) authorization, resumed download, aliases
    * IP-based ACL, Windows service, GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE methods
    * Small footprint: executable size is 40 kB on Linux 2.6 i386 system,
60 kB on Windows system
    * Embeddable with simple and clean API. Source is in single .c file to
make things easy
    * Python bindings

I don't use the SSI, but the code looks simple.

Hope that helps someone.

Mark Retallack