RE: Re: libm use in kernel

> From: Christophe Coutand
>
> I doubt there is any limitation that prevent LIBM to be used
> in driver code.

On the x86, how does eCos deal with the FP context? Does it include it as
part of every thread and DSR context, or just thread context? Does it rely
on the chip mechanism to defer FP context swapping until an actual FP
instruction is made following a thread switch? I can imagine a kernel
implementation that would assume that no DSR (let alone ISR) would ever use
FP, and which would crash and burn if one ever did. But I've never looked at
the x86 HAL.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco