CyaSSL and eCos

Hi,

I recently noticed a discussion regarding a potential OpenSSL port to eCos.  I saw that yaSSL was mentioned very briefly as an alternative to OpenSSL, and wanted to give you a little more information about CyaSSL.

CyaSSL has been in active development since 2004 and has been feature complete and stable for quite some time now.  CyaSSL is dual licensed under both the GPLv2 and a standard commercial license.  When CyaSSL was first written, there were many OpenSSL users who wanted an alternative that was easily portable, smaller, faster, available under a clear commercial license, and equipped with a clean and modern API.  The first major customer of yaSSL was MySQL, which has been followed by many other popular open source projects.

CyaSSL is feature complete, has been tested and used by many projects, and supports the industry standards up to TLS 1.2.  Because it is targeted at embedded systems, we have optimized it for both speed and size.  A complete feature list can be viewed on the CyaSSL product page:

http://yassl.com/yaSSL/Products_cyassl.html.

A port to eCos is on our product roadmap.  As such, we would be happy to provide you with free technical support for the porting effort.

Thanks,

Chris Conlon
www.yassl.com
chris@yassl.com