Re: Help with Redboot

Manohar,

> I want to port redboot on Atom D510 development board and I have tried a lot of ways, including some methods which were given in the mailing list but was not successful. Most of the methods given in the mailing list use floppy drive to port redboot on their boards, but unfortunately, the board which I am working on doesn't have floppy drive and has USB ports.
>
> Can any one please guide me in this regard? I have Intel Atom D510 development board with USB ports and no floopy.and I want to port redboot on it so that I can communicate with a serial port and run programs on the board.
>
> Thank you,
> Manohar

It sounds to me like you are trying to load Redboot, not port it. I'm
not sure which one you mean for sure, but if you actually want to do
port Redboot to ecos, the you should have a look at the Porting Guide
in the docs:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html

Since the Atom processor implements Intel's IA-32 instruction set, it
is an x86 platform and eCos/Redboot should need minimal porting effort
to get running, depending on how many peripherals you need on your
board.

--
Mike